- About Us
- Realtor Blog
- Contact Us
Finding Your Perfect Home- House Hunting Tips
You have established your budget. You have been pre-approved for a mortgage. Now the fun begins. You will probably be looking at a few houses before you decide on the perfect one for your family. Before you decide to purchase the house you have absolutely fallen in love with, be sure to be objective in your decision. There may be a warm and inviting feeling on appearance alone, but is the house really that perfect? Take some time to think about the bigger picture in terms of your needs. Carefully consider whether this house offers the features that will last beyond the first impression. Here are some essential factors to consider:
- Location is a significant factor in your choice of home. An established neighbourhood, with a good reputation, well-maintained homes and close to several amenities, maintains home values.
- Proximity to the workplace should be considered. How will the new commute to work be like?
- Consider availability to public transportation, major roads and highways.
- Also consider the condition of public areas such as streets, sidewalks, parks and recreational facilities.
- You will also want efficient access to medical services including hospitals, doctors and dentists.
- Be sure that schools and related school services are also within easy access.
- Recreational, shopping and entertainment needs should also be considered.
Buying a house represents one of the biggest investments you will ever make. But that investment goes beyond financial considerations. You will want to give some careful thought to your lifestyle needs, both now and in the future. In addition, the time and money you have available for maintenance is an important consideration for choosing the right house. Take a look at the entire picture, and let us help you find your perfect home.